Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wedding fever!

I got engaged back in July and am trying to plan our May 15, 2010 wedding in the middle of finishing a monster house flip (small old house, nearly EVERYTHING has been replaced), a demanding job, and my time-consuming Etsy habit. Pair that with the fact that I am slightly obsessive about perfecting every little detail, and you'll find that I'm slowly driving myself nuts...but enjoying every minute. :) So far, we have the date, location, dress, and a general theme. Classy meets vintage-modern meets garden meets nighttime...yeah.

The dress - Harlow by Maggie Sottero. Looking at the Maggie stock pics, there's no way I would have pictured myself in this. I think it's the crazy southern belle monstrous hairstyle....but, I saw another girl trying this on and fell in love with it. Even more so when I tried it on. There were tears, from my mom, my future SIL, and even (a little bit) sarcastic ol' me. :)
This is the Maggie stock pic:

















And this is one of me wearing it:

















We're having the ceremony at my fiancee's Church, which is a gorgeous old traditional building in a nice older neighborhood of Des Moines. The reception will be at the Sticks furniture workspace/warehouse, which is a beautiful, modern glass and concrete building in a wooded area not far from the church. The architect in me is loving planning the decor and theme for this space. Here are a couple of shots of the reception site:

Just a *few* more decisions to make (and stuff to pay for) and we'll have an entire wedding put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment