Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall pretties

Just a quickie this morning - I wanted to share a couple of new fall designs that I've made recently. First, I have been dying to do something with the gorgeous shades of dyed freshwater pearls that I've been seeing lately! Something about their soft, luminous surface makes me think about fluffy, cuddly things - totally appropriate for the season and (gulp) upcoming frigid Iowa winter! Anyway, this is my first design using pearls in a "fall" color palette. The design is called Autumn Glow.  The c-shaped earwires are sterling silver.


Second up, Autumn Blossom (seeing a theme here?)  These little guys are made up of a variety of gorgeous Czech glass beads, all suspended from antiqued brass kidney earwires.  I picked up a few different varieties of the little Czech flower beads, so expect to see more of them coming up.  I love the Picasso/luster finish on these!




Lastly, another Czech glass piece.  These are my Jacinda earrings.  I discovered the beauty of fire-polished and picasso finish Czech glass this summer, and am totally hooked!  You can always find new finishes coming out of the factories, and there are also plenty of standbys that are widely available.  I particularly love how the luxurious finishes play nicely with antiqued metals like copper and brass.  Here, I've paired large champagne luster rondelles with smaller, vibrant peach-orange firepolished luster beads.  SO pretty for fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment